In this weekly series, we offer a little inspiration to kick off your week. Some simple accessible wisdom, from one soul to another.
. . . . . . . . . . . . .
“The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.”
In four days I turn 39 years old. And for the first time in 5 years I’m not publicly or privately celebrating my birthday month. Why? Because I wanted to take a year off from public revelry to allow all the seeds I’d planted over the last 5 years to bloom. And sure enough, it’s happening.
My business is finally coming together, we’re planning a big move and I’m feeling more grounded, more fulfilled and more ME than I ever have. But in order to let that all sink in, I’ve had to take a pause this birthday month, to reap the benefits of the seeds I’ve been planting.
While many of my long-held dreams are coming true, there is still so much more I want to do, see, taste, experience – so I thought it would be fun to share 39 things that I still hope to do in life (whether in the coming year or years to come).
I hope this inspires you to celebrate your own birthday month or at the very least commit to a bucket list of things that you’d like to experience in your life. A little intention setting and wishing go a long way!
#39: The List
- Move to NYC
- Take that trip to Paris (finallly!!)
- Declutter & live more minimally (i.e. like this)
- Get into a groove with eating healthy
- Find a movement practice that’s fun
- Make more time to spend with framily
- See the town where my paternal grandmother was born
- Launch my program for business owners
- Take a kitchen knife skills class
- Work on cultivating my green thumb
- Stay in an over-the-water bungalow
- Sleep-in on Saturdays more often
- Have a styling session w/ my dear friend Elsa Isaac
- Grow my hair out (in process…)
- See the cherry blossoms in bloom
- Live in a tiny house
- Write a book
- Have my book published
- Have a 1:1 chat with Michelle Obama
- Visit the DSWT and cuddle some elephants
- Spend Christmas in snowy NYC
- Adopt a dog
- Make my own chocolate
- Read one fiction book per month
- Have a custom perfume session with Mandy
- Write an article for my favorite print magazines
- Start taking more photos (for fun!)
- Jump on a mini-trampoline every day
- Rebrand The Girl Who Knows
- Collaborate with brands on unique products for TGWK readers
- Get a tattoo from Dr. Woo
- Incorporate more video into my work
- Send at least one handwritten note each week
- Practice surprise random acts of kindness whenever possible
- Finish Kondo’ing our home
- Host more Beyond Gatherings across the country
- Pay off all my debt (yahoooo!)
- Attend the Cayman Cookout
- Have a delicious 40th birthday celebration
What’s on your bucket list for the next year (or three)? Share something you’re wishing for in the comments below!